Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pictures... old Pictures


Worked this weekend on some old photos that we scanned from Aunt Mary. I think it is very important to scan pictures before they degrade any more or something bad happens to them. For example to the right is a greatly scaled down scan of Elsie Herbold. She was my Great Aunt who died in a horse riding accident in 1913 at 20 years old.

Sad part is I have a lot of pictures of Herbold who we don't know because it was not written on the photo, and we have not found anyone yet who can tell us who they are.

Also working on scanning a lot of post cards, some had pictures of people turned into post cards, and others were just standard post cards. I Like this one for example because of its age. It was written 101 years ago from a branch of Herbolds in Pennsylvania.

So any Herbolds out there that want to share some info... let me know!

No comments: